Got a heART for ART? Want to win a cool $1000 prize?
SWOP-USA is re-branding and we are hosting a contest to design a NEW LOGO for our organization that can be adapted for use by our chapters! The contest runs from March 30th to April 16th and we would love to feature the work of our creative and inspirational sex worker community! You do not have to be a SWOP member to submit a design!
We are looking for a new professional GRAPHIC DESIGN Logo – created BY US FOR US – that represents the diversity in our community and pays homage to our history, mission and values. We need to dispense with the red umbrella for legal reasons and we are excited to see what our community comes up with!
- Age Requirement: This online Art Competition is open to all artists 18 years of age or older.
- The Work Must Be Original: No artwork needs to be shipped as these are online exhibits. You must be the creator of the art and image file you or your approved representative submit to the competition.Your art must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material. (If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon submitting your work, to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
- Entry Fees: There are NO ENTRY Fees
- Repeat Entries: There is no restriction on entering art that has been entered to previous competitions.
- Copyright: SWOP-USA will own the copyright to the winning entry fully
- Non-exclusive Permissions: By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork in our newsletters, and in the marketing of our organizations and our chapters. The winning entry will be displayed on the SWOP-USA website, promotional material, newsletters, chapter material. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical/archival online contest. It can be removed at a later date upon request.
- Please do NOT use a red umbrella in submissions.
- Please limit colors to 3 or less to make printing affordable.
- File Sizes and Formats: Your images are best represented at a resolution of 700dpi. The acceptable file formats are: jpg, gif, pdf, img and png. If your submission is chosen, SWOP-USA must receive high-resolution images that can be reproduced on printed and promotional materials such as, business cards, rack cards, brochures, t-shirts, hats, coffee cups, pens, banners, etc.
- The Entry Process:
- Step 1. Have your files ready to upload before you start the submission process. Fill out the entry form with the Artist information and add your file, then just hit the “submit” button
- The artist will receive a confirmation email
- You must submit a different form for each submission
- If you encounter any problems or have a question please contact our tech support staff at <email@example.com> and we will assist you.
- Judging Criteria:
- Does the submitted artwork fit the theme of the competition?
- Does the Artwork represent SWOP-USA mission and values?
- Does the artwork differ significantly to the current logo
- Does the artwork meet the high-resolution requirement?
- The composition and design of the work is also a judging criteria.
- Note: The quality of the images submitted will also play a role in the judging process. It is best if the images submitted are no smaller than 1000px.
- Judging will be blind – the judges will not know the names of the artists submitting each piece.
- Original Work: We reserve the right to request proof that your entry is your original artwork created solely by you. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of your entry.
- There can be no signatures on entries.
- Winning submission will be acknowledged on our website but we are not required to attribute the art to the artist once payment has been completed.
- Multiple Submission: There are no restrictions to the number of contests an artist can submit work to, nor the number of pieces they can submit but they must complete separate submission forms for each entry.
- Submission Deadlines Artworks may be submitted up until midnight Eastern Standard Time on April 16, 2018 of the submission schedule posted. No artworks will be accepted past the posted deadline.
- Prize Payments Cash prize can be paid through Paypal or by a check mailed to the winner within 14 days of the notification of winning IF SWOP-USA has received the high-resolution images in a lossless format.
- Taxes: Winners shall be solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.