Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP) – USA is inviting applications for Community Advisory Board (CAB) members to help direct SWOP-USA ‘s Anti-Racism and Anti Oppression (AR/AO) training.
We are currently seeking 3 individuals for this advisory board. These positions on the CAB are compensated at $20/hour.
Sex Workers Outreach Project-USA is a national social justice network dedicated to the fundamental human rights of sex workers and their communities, focusing on ending violence and stigma through education and advocacy.
SWOP, at its most basic, is an anti-violence campaign. As a multi-state network of sex workers and advocates, we address locally and nationally the violence that sex workers experience because of their criminalized status and stigma of their work
SWOP-USA is in the process of developing a module around AR/AO that will be available online. The CAB will be responsible for:
- Advise in module structure.
- Provide technical assistance, wherever possible.
- Provide input and create new module content.
- Advise in creation of Needs Assessment and other similar work
The members of the SWOP CAB would ideally:
- Have a commitment to anti oppression and anti-racism work.
- Be committed to decriminalization of sex works in all forms.
- Have knowledge of the sex industry and culture of sex exchange (we use this language here to include people who may not or are not able to personally identify as a “sex worker” but who clearly understand the terrain)
- Priority skill sets include experience with module creation, previous experience with working on AR/AO related trainings, information technology, and excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in applying for the SWOP-USA CAB, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23rd.
Include your resume and/or a list of qualifications you possess that are relevant to this project. Please include a brief statement addressing why you think you are a good fit for this position. Not sending a resume will in no way negatively impact the process.
Ability and lived experience are viewed as relevant qualifications and we will be working with applicants to make the process as accessible as possible. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com