Application Deadline: April 10
Hours/Time Commitment: 20-30 hours/month; hours are flexible, but we ask the individual to review submissions for urgent feedback at least 2-4 times/week. An ombudsman can work from anywhere within the US, and is expected to use phone and video conferencing as the primary means of communication.
How to Apply: Please email email@example.com with:
- a cover letter/email outlining your interest in the position and why you believe you would be a good fit
- a bullet-pointed list of relevant experience, training, and/or skills or a resume.
SWOP-USA is seeking to fill a part-time, ombudsperson position to help us implement and fine-tune our national and chapter grievance policies. The role will include managing our grievance form, responding to community complaints and concerns with support from the board and chapter liaisons, tracking concerns, feedback and grievances to share at monthly board meetings, and offering recommendations to improve our grievance process.
Preferred Experience & Abilities
We value the following experience and knowledge:
- Participation with community organizing, collectives, and activism by and for marginalized communities.
- Knowledge of alternative accountability processes.
- Knowledge of AR/AO principles and experience working or volunteering with sex worker communities.
- Empathy and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to use basic phone conferencing and video conferencing tools (such as Google Hang).
- Ability to schedule appointments and interact with people across several time zones.
People of color, gender-nonconforming and transgender individuals, people who have engaged with street-based economies or been impacted by the criminal justice system, and current or former sex workers and drug users are especially encouraged to apply.