Happy Holidays everybody!!
This holiday season, we’re grateful for our board members, donors, chapters, volunteers, advocates, and the organizations we work alongside in fighting for sex worker rights.
Thanks to everyone, the grassroots sex worker rights movement in the United States is stronger than ever. Sex Workers Outreach Project is also stronger than ever. We’ve…
- Been quoted or cited by the media over 113 times, bringing a sex worker rights perspective to mainstream publications on average once every three days.
- Written over 16 Huffington Post articles which were read and shared by womens’ rights, GLBT, HIV prevention, and domestic violence and sexual assault organizations around the world, from Singapore to Boise, from Kansas to Miami.
- Expanded to over 27 chapters.
- Helped coordinate a global presence on Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers with nearly 100 events (25+ in the U.S.) materials in 6 languages, info-graphics that attracted global media, and new fact sheets and aggregated resources.
- Provided micro-funding to support grassroots activism around the country.
- Answered over 170 hotline calls from sex workers and their communities.
- Coordinated national training calls and dozens of new fact sheets and other resources for allies, service providers and sex workers.
Our chapters have coordinated legal clinics, outreach, ‘zines, protests, marches, peer support, festivals, and more. Thank you for helping to sustain a geographically diverse sex worker rights movement in the United States and we’re so grateful to have you as part of our community.